Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tim Lambesis Out On Bail. May Possibly Be Locked Up Again In A Few Weeks


For As I Lay Dying frontman Tim Lambesis - the screamer who finally made me like music with screaming in it many years ago - things are not looking up whatsoever. The circumstances of his arrest (going up to an undercover cop and offering him money to kill his ex-wife, which there is supposed to be audio of) makes him look very, very guilty in my eyes and in the eyes of many in the metal community. Like I mentioned in my last post on the topic, he did, in fact, plead not guilty. This means that he's actually going to present a case which I'm very eager to hear, and his next scheduled court date, according to the San Diego Reader, is June 26th 2013.

Tim was released on bail on May 30, and the thing that shocked me was that the bail was previously set at two million dollars, a very hefty amount, and he managed to make bail which made me wonder how the hell he came up with the money. To no surprise, he did not, nor did anyone else have 2 million dollars to bail him out; he actually worked with a bail bond company to pay the two million for him while he paid a premium of $160,000 which he will certainly not get back, still a hefty amount, but considerably less that two fucking million.

Unfortunately, there's still a big chance that he'll end up right back behind bars in a short time from now, but the fact that he's pleaded not guilty and has paid a large sum of money to get himself out of prison tells me that he believes in himself, that he is right, and that he is innocent. As a person who is hoping that he's innocent as well, I with the best for Tim, but I'm not going to pretend like I know how everything is going to fall into place, because there's still a lot that we don't know for certain.

Stay tuned for more on this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment