Friday, June 14, 2013

Why I Won't Review Super Collider


I have to admit, whenever a band releases an album where the general consensus is that it's "embarrassingly bad" (like Magadeth's latest Super Collider) I usually listen to at least two songs off of it, and if I agree, I avoid it. I'm not saying that I have made up my mind about the entire album based off of two or three songs, all I'm saying is that things aren't looking good at that point and I have absolutely no incentive to listen to the rest of it.

I find no enjoyment in listening to albums just to hear how bad everyone else says they are, whether it be that last Morbid Angel album or Lulu or the latest Attack Attack ripoff, I'm not interested. I once thought it would be a good idea to review bad, popular-to-hate-on albums for this blog for entertainment purposes, but it would only cause me pain and would be a total waste of my fucking time, so I scrapped the idea. For example, I've tried to listen to Illud Divinum Insanus a few times so far to review it, and each time, I just couldn't get past the third or fourth track. I couldn't accept that the band behind albums like Covenant and Gateways to Annihilation could devolve into making songs that sound like Rob Zombie throwaways. But back to the point, again, I find no enjoyment in spending forty minutes to an hour trudging through an album that assaults my eardrums with sub-mediocre sonic shit, so I don't subject myself to it.

Maybe one day I'll listen to the rest of Illud Divinum Insanus, or Lulu, or Super Collider, but that will only be if the incentive is there (which it probably won't be) or if it's for a job as a music critic (but why would I be given the task to review an album that was recorded and released several years ago?) So, sorry, but that type of material will not be reviewed on this blog. If you give me enough money ($20 should be enough) I will review a terrible album for you, but that's it. 

Keep it heavy \m/


No comments:

Post a Comment