Friday, September 6, 2013

Free Verse Poem 1



So, I'm taking a creative writing class in college and I thought my poems and narratives would be a good way to keep this blog active during this semester. Album reviews will still pop up every now and then, but my full attention needs to be on school and work :( Anyway, here's my first free-verse poem which turned out alright considering I've never really wrote poetry before. Enjoy.

I sheepishly walk among others in the outside world, paranoid of all the disapproving eyes that seem to burn holes through my faded, makeshift Morbid Angel shirt; morose, ugly, and target of ridicule.  

Severed from a self-made confinement of sounds frighteningly violent, shockingly dissonant, brimming equally with rage and darkness. A world far scarier is horribly close, separate to mine only by a wall uncomfortably thin. A world that can consume my being like an unrelenting black hole. A world only of disapproval and persecution.

I venture through the brightness wary of all. The drive of morbid curiosity too strong, the need for change too high. Yet, I long for the cell of my own creation. Cannot metallic salvation take me home? 

There you go! More poems and narratives will show up on this page throughout this semester and hopefully I can get back to covering music soon. Keep it heavy \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment