Thursday, April 3, 2014

GODZILLA = I'm Geeking the F' Out


When Kvltwalter was just a little boy (before he even knew anything about being "kvlt" or what kvlt was) he was a little Godzilla nerd who geeked out every time he saw an old, low-budget 'Zilla movie on TV or got a new 'Zilla toy for Christmas (many of these toys I still have, no shame.) My dad would always snicker whenever he saw me watching one of these movies because of how corny they were, and sure, even I knew they weren't all that great, but I loved the monsters and thought they were just the coolest things ever. I would even go to Toho tribute sites just to look at pictures of all the monsters and read their bios. Yes, I was a little nerd, and now I'm a little nerd again because a few months ago I saw this epic-as-all-hell trailer:



Looks fucking crazy right?! Finally, another high budget American Godzilla movie that expands on the Toho films! I can't wait for it, and this is just the teaser trailer! But, then again, this was a pretty epic looking trailer too...


And we all know how that turned out...

Well, to be fair, I didn't think the 1998 Godzilla movie was the atrocity that everyone else thought it was. It was decent, and (every monster movie nerd will disagree with me on this one) I thought it was a cool re-imagining of the Godzilla character. Sure, he didn't breathe fire, that was unforgivable, but still a decent film for a fan like myself. I recognize that it wasn't that great in the end and could've been way better, and I'm hoping that this one will redeem the series. May 16th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment