Monday, September 8, 2014

How To Get A Better Metal Tone


This video is kind of a long ramble where I repeat myself too much, so here is a condensation of my main points if you don't want to watch all 12 minutes of this shit...If you have any more questions after reading the list below then this vid may have the answers. If not, message me in the comments section.



  1. Get a high gain amp with it's own distortion as opposed to using a clean amp with a distortion pedal
  2. Don't crank the bass frequencies
  3. Don't "scoop" the midrange
  4. Turn up the highs and presence for clarity and brightness
  5. Don't crank the gain (I'm not kidding!)
  6. With your amp at a lower gain crunch setting, use you're guitar's pickups and a boost pedal to push your amp into sweet metal distortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment