Thursday, January 30, 2014

New Wolves in the Throne Room Album Details


Wolves in the Throne room (and no, I don't believe they're a hipster band) are easily one of my favorites in modern metal, at least, when they WERE making metal, which has just come to a temporary end. According to the band regarding their upcoming album Celestite:

Celestite arises with a whole new, ethereal approach. There are no drums and no vocals. Rather, deep, heavy crystalline synthesizer journeying, Eno-inspired analog processing and arcane acoustic instrumentation expand upon dimensions folded within the universe of Celestial Lineage.
So, not only is it a companion piece to their last album (many songs are based on backing tracks of Celestial Lineage) but it will not be a metal album whatsoever. I'm a tad disappointed about this, because WITTR has been a go-to band whenever I wanted to listen to some black metal in the past, and I was looking forward to some more of that style from them on their new album, however, this is exciting as well because of the ambient "Brian Eno" influenced music that will come out on Celestite.I do wish that some vocals would show up on this thing, though. Some distant black metal shrieking would turn this into a nice black ambient record, meaning that not all black metal influence would be lost but, alas, this isn't to be.

So, this album might be a fresh, nicely executed idea. This album could potentially blow me away. Or, this new album could potentially be a pile of "meh". I'll hold my judgement until the album is released in the first quarter of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment