Friday, July 11, 2014

"Darkness": First NehruvianDOOM Track Revealed


At last, we are blessed with a new MF DOOM project. This time DOOM is doing a collaboration with young rapper Bishop Nehru, the first collaboration album with another MC that he has done since Take Me To Your Leader, an album which was a collab with the Monsta Island Czars. The legendary Madvillainy could be another example, however, Madlib only appears on two tracks out of the album's 22. However, the project is turning out a little different than I expected...

I was initially expecting DOOM on the beats with both rappers getting equal time on the mic, but unfortunately, here we have Nehru rapping exclusively with no DOOM to be found other than behind the production desk. I was REALLY hoping to hear DOOM and Nehru together here, but my prayers went unanswered. But I'm sure that DOOM will do plenty of rapping on the finished product, at least that's what I'm hoping. It's also good to hear a new DOOM beat! He hasn't done any of his own production since 2009's Born Like This, and other rappers he has produced for such as Masta Ace are really using old DOOM beats from his Special Herbs collections. It looks like DOOM's production skills are still sharp as a ginsu knife.

As far as Nehru goes, he is not the most exciting rapper to listen to, but he's still a very talented MC/lyricist in his own right, just like DOOM. I'm eagerly awaiting this new album and I hope to add it to my collection of DOOM as soon as it's released. But what do you guys think? Feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment