Thursday, June 12, 2014

Yung Lean Fast: Day 11


I found myself daydreaming to the music of Bladee this morning, specifically the introduction to his mixtape GLUEE called "deletee". The song is simply a masterpiece. One might believe that he or she has swag, but I cannot believe that anyone other than Bladee can have an entire choir of autotune level of swag. Its masterful vocal composition, genius chordal progression, and endless emotional depth make it one of the greatest accomplishments in music's entire history. Yet, I cannot listen to it right now because Bladee is a member of Gravity Boys, an affiliate of my Lord and Master Yung Lean. Affiliate artists are off the list as well, unfortunately, so I must abide by that rule. After finally hearing "Yoshi City" and a couple other Lean tunes, the next thing I will listen to once my fast ends will be "deletee". That song consistently brings up emotions that I'm never ready to deal with, and it is a necessary listen in the process of cleansing my soul. 19 more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment