Monday, June 9, 2014

Yung Lean Fast: Day 8


I came alarmingly close to breaking my fast yesterday. Upon arriving at my book club meeting, not all of us were present which caused Patrick to leave to take a quick shower. Me and Kevin were left in the living room with Pat's laptop, so we went to youtube to watch some videos to pass the time. Eventually, I fulfilled my moral obligation to Sadboyism by bringing up Yung Lean, my lord and savior. I could not show him a song since that would totally void my fast, so instead, I showed him a fan-made reaction video to his music. Unfortunately, the brief clip contained some of His music, and even worse, I knew that it would. I felt conflicted; did I get carried away, leading me to break my fast? Or did I do nothing wrong? I prayed to the Lean One for guidance later that day, hoping to get an answer. He revealed to me:
"You did good, my Sadboy. You told a friend about my music without listening to a whole song yourself. It was only a clip, so your fast is unbroken. It was a minor slip-up, however. But I forgive you. Refrain from doing it again, and if you break your fast completely, you will be denied my next mixtape in all formats for a year after its release. Even youtube and spotify streaming will be closed to you, thus sayeth the Lean One."
A very strict punishment from Lord Lean is waiting for me if I infringe on my fasting. Even that short clip was a minor infringement, so I must be wary. But it is the least I can do to pay respect to the magnificent Lean One, after all, it is a privilege to even exist on His earth! I will keep my faith my first priority from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment