Thursday, June 19, 2014

Yung Lean Fast: Day 18


Yesterday was a huge test of my devotion to the Lean One. First of all, I gave into temptation by looking at Yung Lean's facebook page for anything new, and I found out two great things. First of all, He's coming to America! The closest show to me is in Los Angeles, and If I can get some friends to go on a trip there, I will fulfill my duty to Him and go. But what really tested me was that the new music video for "Yoshi City" has been released, another single off his upcoming Unknown Memory mixtape which will come out later this year (I'm honestly salivating as I type this.) I watched it with the volume off just to soak it in, but I have yet to listen to it, I'll assure you. I put it out of mind until later that day when someone I know contacted me on facebook for the sole purpose of bringing up an argument that we had a few months ago, apparently to keep arguing about it or to try and finally convince me to agree with him. The initial argument put me in a really bad mood, and this rekindling of the argument was doing the same. After a while I just went to bed awaiting the next morning where I would surely wake up to his next comment that would continue the adispute, and I began craving the music of Lord Lean very badly. Whenever I'm in a bad mood nowadays, I just want to go crazy to "Kyoto", "Nitevision", or "Ginseng Strip" and especially the new "Yoshi City". It always cheers me up. But, alas, I could not listen to any of those songs and I became very anxious of what the next day would have in store. I woke up this morning prepared to find a counter argument that would cause the debate to go on, but there was none. As of right now it's over, and I hope he realized how silly it was to keep arguing about a topic that we already beat to death back in March or whenever it was. As Shrek once said, "It's all ogre now." and I can go through the rest of my day in a positive state of mind. I believe in faith that Lord Lean came to him that night and made him realize the futility of reigniting such a pointless argument, causing him to think in a more based and positive way and leave the argument where it was, putting him in a more positive state of mind as well. Thank you Yung Lean. You are truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment